Demo Content for Baxel
Before importing the content, please watch out these:
- Use WordPress Reset to clean the database and import the data from scratch if needed. After that, don't forget to pick Baxel from "Appearance > Themes" to see the theme.
- Please ensure that you’ve installed and activated all of the plugins before importing the data.
STEP 1) IMPORTING THE DEMO CONTENT
Follow the steps below to import the demo content:
a) Navigate to "Tools > Import".
b) Click WordPress.
c) Click Browse and point the xml file you've got.
d) Click Upload file and import and wait.
e) When the page refreshes, check Download and import file attachments and click Submit. You're done when the process is finished.
STEP 2) SETTING UP THE MENU
Please set the menu location to see the menu properly. To do this, navigate to "Appearance > Menus", select the menu you want to show and check the "Primary Menu" location checkbox. Demo site setting is like that:
(Menu Name : Menu Location)
Menu 1 : Primary Menu
STEP 3) THE SLIDER
To see the slider, please navigate to "Appearance > Customize > 5. Slider Settings > 5.2. Slider Shortcode" and place the code below:
Alternatively, you can check "Show Blog Posts in Slider" in "5.3. Blog Posts in Slider".
You can find out more over here: How to Use Baxel Slider
STEP 4) PLACING YOUR WIDGETS
Please see: Baxel Widget Areas
STEP 5) GENERAL SETTINGS
a) Navigate to "Settings > Reading" and;
- Choose "Your latest posts" for "Front page displays".
- Set the "Blog pages show at most" to 6.
b) Navigate to "Settings > Permalinks" and choose "Day and name".
c) Navigate to "Appearance > Customize" and set the values like below:
- 1. Post & Page Settings > 1.4. Gallery Posts > Gallery Position on Post Page: Choose "Instead of Featured Image".
- 4. Header > 4.2. Logo Settings > Logo Image: Upload your own logo.
- 4. Header > 4.4. Sticky Header: Check "Sticky Header"
- 5. Slider Settings > 5.4. Other Options: Check "Show Navigation Bullets"
- 6. Layout Options > 6.1. Blog Homepage Layout: Set the "Number of posts to show in 'Style Z'" input to 2.
- 6. Layout Options > 6.2. Archive Layout: Choose "2 Columns".
- 7. Footer > 7.2. Instagram Slider Widget: Insert the widget shortcode.
- 8. Social Accounts: Write the URL addresses of your accounts that you'd like to see.
THAT'S ALL! If you followed the steps above, now you should have the same look with the demo site. Something went wrong? Please submit a ticket to let us help you.
All the images/photographs used in our demo site and all the rights of them belong to their creators/owners.