Demo Content for Bourz
Before importing the content, please watch out these:
- Use WordPress Reset to clean the database and import the data from scratch if needed. After that, don't forget to pick Bourz from "Appearance > Themes" to see the theme.
- Please ensure that you’ve installed and activated all of the plugins before importing the data.
- Demo content does not include the Shop section on our demo site.
STEP 1) IMPORTING THE DEMO CONTENT
Follow the steps below to import the demo content:
a) Navigate to "Tools > Import".
b) Click WordPress.
c) Click Browse and point the xml file you've got.
d) Click Upload file and import and wait.
e) When the page refreshes, assign authors from the drop downs, check Download and import file attachments and click Submit. You're done when the process is finished.
STEP 2) SETTING YOUR MENUS
Please set the menu locations to see the menus properly. To do this, navigate to "Appearance > Menus", select the menu you want to show and check one of the location checkboxes. Demo settings are like that:
(Menu Name : Menu Location)
toPrimary : Primary Menu
toHeader : Header Menu
toFooter : Footer Menu
STEP 3) THE SLIDER
To see the slider, please navigate to "Appearance > Customize > 5. Slider Settings > 5.4. Shortcode" and place the code below:
Alternatively, you can check "Show Blog Posts in Slider" in "5.6. Blog Posts in Slider".
You can find out more over here: How to Use Bourz Slider
STEP 4) PLACING YOUR WIDGETS
Please see: Bourz Widget Areas
STEP 5) GENERAL SETTINGS
a) Navigate to "Settings > Reading" and;
- Choose "Your latest posts" for "Front page displays".
- Set the "Blog pages show at most" to 12.
b) Navigate to "Settings > Permalinks" and choose "Day and name".
c) Navigate to "Appearance > Customize" and set the values like below:
- 4. Header > 4.5. Logo Image: Upload your own logo.
- 7. Layout Options > 7.4. Listing Style Options: Set all inputs to 4.
- 10. Post Format: Gallery > 10.2. Gallery Position: Choose "Instead of Featured Image".
- 17. Social Accounts: Write the URL addresses of your accounts that you'd like to see.
- 20. Banner Management: The banner placement choices on our demo site are Below Upper Widgets, Below Blog Posts and Post Pages (Below Post Comments). You can use the code below for your banners:
<img src="http://www.burnhambox.com/bourz/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/bourz-leaderboard-banner.jpg" />
THAT'S ALL! If you followed the steps above, now you should have the same look with the demo site.
Something went wrong? Please submit a ticket to let us help you.
All the images/photographs used on our demo site and all the rights of them belong to their creators/owners.