Fantastic theme. Just have couple of questions. Firstly we use a online tool called IFTTT which self publishes our posts to our Facebook page. The trouble is, for some reason it's not pulling the images into the Facebook post. Our old theme word fine. Is there something I can do to the theme to fix this. You can see what I mean if you head to our FB page. https://www.facebook.com/FingerGunsUK/
Secondly. Do you know of something, a plugin perhaps that works with this theme that helps speed the loading times up. I done a test on google and it seems that this them is not so quick on 3G. It's not vital, just wondering if you knew of something that could help.
Many thanks and keep up the good work
Hi again Paul
1. It's probably because your site is missing the "Facebook OG" tags. As I see, you're not using a SEO plugin like Yoast SEO. If you try it, you'll see that the tags I'm talking about will automatically appear in your site's code and hopefully your issue will be fixed. Please let me know about the results.
2. The speed is totally related with your images. For example, this gif is 2.27 MB and this is huge!!!
I'd like to introduce you a great site: https://ezgif.com/
You can resize, crop and optimize your gifs here and this is what you need I think. Gliu uses 90x90px images for the thumbnails and 260x260px images for the slider. So it's useless and unnecessarily heavy to add a gif with a different size.
I played with the gif in the link above and attached the result. It's now 90x90px and only 156kb!
So I believe your site speed will increase dramatically if you optimize your images.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Attached files: ezgif.com-optimize.gif
· Follow on Envato· Like on Facebook: facebook.com/burnhambox· Follow on Dribbble: dribbble.com/burnhambox· WPSelected: We're picking the best WordPress themes from ThemeForest, every month.
Thank you for that reply, very useful. I'll install Yoost and have a go with the Gif link you supplied. (great find by the way) hopefully that will sort everything out.
Where about's are you based by the way?
You're welcome PaulGreetings from Istanbul, Turkey
Fabulous, the home of Liverpool's magnificent Champions League Victory in 2005 :)
Haha yeahHopefully the final in 2020 will be great too.
Hope all is well over in Turkey. I'm still having trouble with some of the images that I upload. I have uploaded an image that is 1280 x720 but when it's on the post it displays a lot smaller. Take a look at this link and you'll see what I mean.
I hit the regenerate Thumbnail and didn't make any difference. Any ideas?
Previously, deleting and re-uploading the image had solved the problem. But if you have still issues about that, could you please try matter 2?
--- QUOTE BEGINS ---
1. Could you please remove the featured image, delete it from your media library and try to upload again?
2. If the problem persists, please deactivate all of the plugins but the one the theme recommends and see if it works fine?
--- QUOTE ENDS ---
When I inspect your site code, I see a big difference between the featured images.
Original Gliu code:
Your site's code:
I can guarantee that this is not related with the theme directly. I believe a 3rd party plugin is causing this. Maybe JetPack's lazyload feature or a totally different plugin. Could you please deactivate them all and see the result?
Ahh ok, I've deactivated Jetpack. hate that plug in anyway and seems to have sorted out the Red Dead Redemption post
could you have a look at the code again for me to see if it's all back in-line with how it should be?
Yes Paul, it looks great now
Excellent! well that was easy enough then :)
You're very welcome!